How to Put a Video Conference System in Every Meeting Room
Crestron’s Mercury Solution Makes it Easy
With so many people working from home and business travel severely restricted, video conferencing has gone from a convenient technology to a must-have solution. Conferencing and collaboration solutions like Zoom have become a household word. However, in the business and personal world, many others exist and continue to be used, like Microsoft's Skype and Teams, Slack, GoToMeeting, Google Meet, and more.
While working from home might continue for longer than expected, the fact remains that some teams still are working in person, and offices will be full in the future. How up-to-date are your conference room systems? If you’re saddled with out-of-date video collaboration hardware and software, now is a great time to invest in a state-of-the-art solution for your Chesterfield, MO firm. Keep reading to learn more about Crestron Mercury, an easy way to bring modern video collaboration to almost any meeting room.
What Is Crestron Mercury?
Crestron Mercury is an all-in-one system to bring video and audio conferencing and collaboration capabilities to any space. It’s a tabletop device that combines a high-performance microphone and speakers, a touchscreen for control, and wired and wireless connectivity for audio and video connections.
Wide Device Compatibility
Don't limit professionals to only some connectivity standards. Today's workers bring laptops, tablets, and smartphones for work and often shift among devices. Crestron's Mercury provides multiple ways to connect devices for collaboration:
- Bluetooth - start a call from a smartphone and connect to Mercury so everyone in the room can participate via the full-duplex 360-degree microphone and crisp speaker.
- HDMI - connect a laptop or other device via standard video out to HDMI
- Airmedia - Crestron’s easy to use Airmedia apps let devices connect wirelessly for screen sharing, including the ability to run HD video.
- USB - connect a USB camera and capture the entire room for a collaborative meeting
- Software integration - Connecting a laptop with Skype, Zoom, and other software to Mercury turns the room into a videoconference room. Crestron also has native integration with Zoom and Microsoft collaboration solutions.
Flexibility and Management
The Mercury tabletop system is easy to integrate into a room. If you have Cat6 cabling, you can power and connect the system via one slim cable, making for a clean and simplified installation.
Crestron software integration also makes it easy to fit Mercury conferencing into your workflow and organization. Crestron's Fusion solution lets you monitor Mercury systems, aggregate usage data, and keep tabs on system health. Fusion also enables integration with the most popular business calendaring systems like Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite, so rooms and equipment can be quickly reserved. Crestron's Pinpoint app lets staff schedule rooms with conferencing equipment, so they'll never walk into a meeting space and realize they don't have the right setup for a videoconference.
Let Elite Technology Solutions show you all the audio, video, and technology options like Crestron Mercury to make collaboration easy. To learn more, call us today at (636) 939-4474 or visit our contact page. We look forward to working with you.